Bukit Mertajam – Journey information at Wikivoyage
Bukit Mertajam is a city in Penang, Malaysia.
Map of Bukit Mertajam
Bukit Mertajam is a city in Penang State. There are two fundamental categorical bus stations in Penang, Butterworth Bus Terminal [dead link] close to the ferry terminal and KTM prepare station and Sungai Nibong Bus Terminal [dead link] on Penang Island (round 10 minutes drive from Butterworth). Bukit Mertajam is only a brief distance away from Butterworth Bus / KTM (Practice) / Ferry terminal. To get to Butterworth Bus terminal [dead link], take an categorical bus. Many main bus firms like Transnasional, Konsortium, Sri Maju, Suasana Edaran and Aeroline go to Penang / Butterworth / Georgetown. You’ll find the categorical bus schedules at Roadhop. The bus driver will drop you off direct at Bukit Mertajam. If that isn’t doable, take the ferry from Butterworth Bus terminal to Penang Sentral native bus terminal on Penang Island. If you arrive, take bus 701 and 702 from Rapidpenang for round 2.7RM to go to Bukit Mertajam. For bus, you might need to attend 30mins-50mins for the bus to return. However it’s less expensive.
Alternatively, you’ll be able to take the KTM prepare. There are a selection of traces to select from, for instance, Categorical Rakyat 1 and Categorical Langkawi EL8. Trains are actually handy in case you are coming from areas with out categorical bus terminals! Bukit Mertajam was a serious railway hub for each passengers and cargo. In case you drive to Bukit Mertajam, you’ll encounter a stunning variety of railway crossings in all places. There may be one coming from the brief reduce from Permatang Tinggi and two coming from Permatang Tengah. Furthermore, the railway station as soon as received essentially the most stunning station in Malaysia award.
- 1 Bukit Mertajam railway station (Stesen keretapi Bukit Mertajam).
If it’s also possible to take a taxi from Penang Sentral to Bukit Mertajam, however you danger having a excessive fare due to the site visitors. It should value round RM 30-50 for a day journey or RM 120-150 at night time. Satirically, the taxi drivers at Sungai Nibong Bus Terminal really cost a lot much less and have a hard and fast value! In Bukit Mertajam, there are native buses connecting from cities like Kulim and Parit Buntar. It is usually a brief distance away from the seashore resorts at Batu Ferringhi.
A lot of the automotive rental locations in Penang are situated on the airport, so if you’ll prefer to drive to Bukit Mertajam, it’s higher to fly in utilizing one of many funds flights and lease a automotive.
The one public transport accessible within the city is bus, nevertheless, you’ll be able to journey round with taxi too. However keep in mind, you hardly ever in a position to get a taxi on the road. Usually, you solely can get the taxi from the principle taxi terminal. And, there may be solely have one bus in each 1 or 2 hour as soon as.
- Bukit Berapit – a hill stuffed with fruit timber corresponding to durian, mangosteen, and nutmeg, with two Buddhist temples and scenic views
- Hutan Lipur’
- Megamall Penang (close to Seberang Jaya) – the largest shopping center in Penang state
- Mengkuang Dam – the largest dam in Penang, and a leisure actions venue
- The railway station – as soon as received essentially the most stunning station in Malaysia award
Non secular websites
- [dead link]St. Anne Church. The church was constructed on 1888. each 3-4 week of July, pilgrims from all over the world flock to this church and spend an evening celebrating St. Anne’s Day
- Pek Kong Cheng – Often known as “Tua Pek Gong Biu” to some, is an previous Chinese language temple with its wealthy historical past and existed because the early improvement of Bukit Mertajam. It serves not solely as a spot of worship, but in addition as a central level of the city’s main moist and dry market. There are a lot of meals stalls situated across the temple every with completely different specialty (operates 24 hours) and it’s a standard consuming spot for each the locals and vacationers. Few of the specialties embody silver needle noodles (Niao Chu Hun/Bee Tai Bak), white wantan mee and roast duck/pork rice.
- Tokun Hill – It’s a small hill for mountain climbing. On the monitor as much as the hill, you’ll be able to all the time discover invertebrates like millipedes and colourful butterflies.
- Auto Metropolis, 1688-F8, Jalan Perusahaan, Freeway Auto-Metropolis, North-South Freeway Juru Interchange, ☏ , ✉ [email protected]. Space stuffed with eating places, pubs and cafes. Lots of kids cling on the market after 9 or 10PM. Among the many outlets there are the quick meals eating places KFC, McDonalds, and Subway; the espresso outlets Starbucks, Espresso Bean, and Segafredo; the SOHO and Mattress pubs; Sushi King, The Manhattan Fish Market, Isshin Japanese Restaurant, Tao Japanese Buffet, Chicago Rib Home; and Swensen and Haagen-Dazs for ice cream.
- Black man’s rojak (pronounced olang rojak in Hokkien)
- Duck egg fried kueyteow (there are 3 stalls operated by 3 brothers, one in entrance of the railway station, one other beside the taxi station, and the newest one in Jalan Kulim)
- Soya milk (close by Pek Kong Cheng temple alongside Jalan Pasar)
- Roast duck and pork rice (roadside stall beside Pek Kong Cheng temple)
- Chendol – BM Chendol Home, or the one out there, behind KFC
- Yam rice at Taman Sentosa
- Hawker meals in Taman Sri Rambai, Taman Sentosa
- Dim sum (“Wong Chow” or “Quickly Hong” restaurant)
- Nasi kandar pelita
- Konlo mee (often known as tok tok mee) and mee soup (much like Koay Teow Th’ng) – stall is situated between the fruit stalls and Pek Kong Cheng temple
- Bak kut teh non-halal meals/soup – there are 2 outlets situated at Jalan Mutiara, Taman Sri Rambai, operated by brothers; one is high 20 most scrumptious bak kut teh in Malaysia
The Summit Lodge