Fresenius Medical Care – Wikipedia
German medical provide and dialysis firm
Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGaA offers kidney dialysis companies via a community of three,994 outpatient dialysis facilities, serving 345,096 sufferers. The corporate primarily treats end-stage renal illness (ESRD), which requires sufferers to bear dialysis 3 occasions per week for the remainder of their lives.
With a worldwide headquarters in Unhealthy Homburg vor der Höhe, Germany and a North American headquarters in Waltham, Massachusetts, it has a 38% market share of the dialysis market in america. It additionally operates 45 manufacturing websites, the biggest of that are within the U.S., Germany, and Japan.
The corporate is 30% owned by Fresenius and, as of 2020, generates round 50% of the group’s income.
The corporate is on the Greatest Employers Listing printed by Forbes.
In 1996, Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA merged its dialysis enterprise into W.R. Grace’s Nationwide Medical Care to kind Fresenius Medical Care.
In 2000, the corporate plead responsible to billing Medicare for pointless medical exams and to paying kickbacks for lab enterprise and paid a $486 million high quality.
In February 2012, the corporate acquired Liberty Dialysis Holding, which added 201 clinics, for $1.5 billion.
In March 2012, Rice Powell was appointed CEO.
In 2013, the corporate acquired Shiel Medical Laboratory, increasing companies to New York Metropolis metro space. In December 2017, the corporate bought this enterprise to Quest Diagnostics.
In February 2019, the corporate acquired NxStage, a U.S.-based maker of in-home dialysis gadgets, for $2 billion.
In March 2019, the corporate paid $231 million to america Division of Justice and the U.S. Securities and Change Fee to settle allegations of civil bribery to acquire enterprise in Angola, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, and Spain.
- “Firm Profile”. Retrieved January 13, 2020.
- “SEC submitting Kind 20-F”. U.S. Securities and Change Fee. 25 February 2019.
- “Annual Report 2019” (PDF). Fresenius Medical Care.
- “Shareholder construction”. Fresenius Medical Care.
- Zuzanna Szymanska (February 20, 2020), Fresenius forecasts 2020 revenue development pushed by drug, dialysis models Reuters.
- “Fresenius Medical Care”. Forbes.
- “Historical past – Fresenius”.
- “Fresenius Unit to Pay $486 Million In Medicare Fraud Settlement”. The Wall Road Journal. January 20, 2000.
- Vise, David A.; Adams, Lorraine (January 19, 2000). “Agency Settles Well being Care Fraud Case for $500 Million”. The Washington Submit.
- HELDMAN, PAUL (January 20, 2000). “FIRM TO PAY $486M FRAUD SETTLEMENT”. Solar-Sentinel. Bloomberg Information.
- “Fresenius Medical Care Closes Acquisition of Liberty Dialysis Holdings” (Press launch). Fresenius Medical Care. February 29, 2012.
- Munzinger Archive. “Rice Powell”.
- Hallam, Kristen (March 9, 2012). “Fresenius Medical appoints Powell to grow to be CEO as Lipps retires”. Bloomberg L.P.
- “Fresenius Medical Care closes divestment of Shiel Medical Laboratory to Quest Diagnostics” (Press launch). Fresenius Medical Care. December 12, 2017.
- “Fresenius Medical Care completes acquisition of NxStage Medical” (Press launch). PR Newswire. February 26, 2019.
- BANNOW, TARA (February 26, 2019). “Fresenius Medical Care closes $2 billion NxStage acquisition”. Fashionable Healthcare.
- Lynch, Sarah N.; Raymond, Nate (March 29, 2019). “Fresenius Medical Care to pay $231 million to resolve felony, civil international bribery expenses”. Reuters.